How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident as a plasterer?

    Call us and ask the question “Can I claim for an accident as a plasterer?”According to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, employers have the duty to protect their employees at work. If your employer has failed to take all the necessary precautions to protect you and as a result, you have sustained a work-related injury, you may be due compensation.

    Considering that your employer is responsible for your health and safety at work, if you have an accident as a plasterer, you may have a valid claim only if you can prove that he or she did not do everything to ensure, as far as possible, a safe work environment.

    What does it mean?

    In short, employers have the responsibility to carry out risk assessments and do what is necessary to make sure that all workers and visitors are safe from harm, including actual and potential hazards. Beside this, employers must provide adequate training, personal protective equipment and first aid equipment; ensure that machinery and materials are stored, handled and used safely; set up safe working practices and emergency plans; explain potential hazards that may result from performing certain tasks; make available appropriate warning signs and explain staff how to use them; and report any workplace accidents as soon as possible to the Health and Safety Executive.

    If you have been injured in an accident whilst working as a plasterer and you can demonstrate that your injury is the result of your employer’s negligence, you should consider filing a compensation claim against him or her.

    Can I claim for an accident as a plasterer?

    You can make a workplace accident compensation claim as long as you meet certain requirements. Besides proving that your employer is at fault for the accident that resulted in you getting injured, you must begin legal action within three years from the date of the accident and provide the necessary documentation to support your claim, including a medical report stating your injuries, a police report, if applicable, and witness details. Furthermore, if there is a history of similar accidents in your workplace, a good idea would be to report it. Proving that your employer has acted negligently countless times in the past will add weight to your claim. It is also very important to write down any additional information indicating that the workplace was neglected in terms of health and safety regulations.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you belong to a trade union, you may be able to use their legal services. Otherwise, you can speak with one of our specialist personal injury solicitors. At Accident Advice Helpline, we are ready to take your case and fight for your rights. Moreover, we will do everything we can to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve in order to put you in the same position you would be in, had the accident not occurred. Pursuing legal action against your employer is not about getting some ‘free’ money, but about protecting your rights and making your employer pay for unforgivable mistakes. In addition, claiming compensation for your work-related injury will most likely make your employer think twice before deciding not to comply with the law next time.

    Date Published: May 28, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.