How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident while gardening?

    If you have been injured while working as a gardener, you may be asking yourself if you can claim for an accident while gardening. Call the expert legal team at Accident Advice Helpline to find out the answer. The law says that you are entitled to compensation if you suffer financially for an accident that was caused by the negligence of another.

    What sorts of gardening accidents qualify?

    Your employer has a responsibility to make sure that you can carry out your work with minimal risk. This means making sure that you have the correct equipment for the job, the equipment is functioning properly and the conditions are right for the job.

    For example if you are injured by a fall from a ladder because you have been supplied with a broken ladder or because the weather conditions were not suitable for climbing the ladder, then your employer may be considered negligent.

    There may be times when you need protective gear – for example, when using chemicals or operating machinery. Failure to provide this may mean that your employer is also negligent. Injuries that can occur from gardening accidents might include broken bones, lacerations, spinal or brain injuries and even amputations. Many of these will impact on your ability to work at least temporarily. Some may have a permanent impact.

    How might I suffer financially?

    Accidents can bring many unexpected costs. Transport to medical appointments can soon add up if you need to attend these frequently. Some injuries may need specialist treatment and modifications to your home or transport.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You may need help caring for your dependants or have to pay someone to help care for you. These costs can be considerable and if you are unable to work, you may wonder how you will pay for them.

    How do I claim compensation?

    The best people to help you claim the compensation you deserve are the expert lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline. They have been working since 2000 helping people like you with their personal injury claims. They all work exclusively on a no-win, no-fee basis, so you do not need to worry about your costs increasing.

    When you call Accident Advice Helpline on our free, 24-hour helpline, you will first speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will need some information about your gardening accident. It is worth noting down everything you can remember about the accident while the details are fresh in your mind.

    This can include information such as weather conditions, equipment being used and anyone else who was involved. If anyone witnessed your accident, get their names and contact details in case your solicitor needs to get in touch with them.

    It is important to have medical records of your injury and how it has affected your life. Make sure you consult a doctor as soon as possible after your gardening accident.

    When do I make the claim?

    It is best to start the claims process as soon as possible after your gardening accident. The sooner you start the claims process, the sooner you will get compensation.

    Claims must be made within three years of your gardening accident so don’t delay – call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.