How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident on a countryside path?

    If you have recently been walking on a countryside path and suffered a slip, trip, or fall you may be asking yourself, ‘Can I claim for an accident on a countryside path?’ You could be owed a substantial sum if the injuries you sustained could have been prevented by a third party.

    If you are unsure about whether you are eligible to make a no win, no fee claim, give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500. We have fourteen years of experience as a personal injury law firm so we can manage the whole process for you.

    Countryside path injuries

    The majority of accidents involving the general public are due to slips and falls. Research has revealed that the construction and maintenance of countryside path surfaces can have a substantial impact on the risks and hazards they pose to pedestrians. Other factors such as contamination from algae, poor lighting, and inadequate materials also contribute to slip accidents.

    If you think that your countryside path accident was due to the negligence of another person, organisation, or local authority, then those at fault may be liable. Making a personal injury claim against the liable third party can recover the costs of your injuries including out-of-pocket expenses and other special damages.

    The extent to which the third party is liable may depend on the location of the countryside path. If you fell on a poorly-maintained path in private gardens then there should have been a greater duty of care than if you were walking through wild and rugged terrain.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The owner of the premises or the local authority should ensure that paths are accessible and safe to use for those of all ages and disabilities. You have every right to claim if they failed health and safety standards and you subsequently fractured a limb, sustained head injuries, or punctured organs following a serious fall.

    How Accident Advice Helpline can help

    Our expert solicitors will collect evidence from the accident to prove that someone was at fault. We suggest that you notify the local council about your injuries within two days of the accident and write down the details regarding how and why it happened.

    Visual aids are also highly useful, so take photographs of the upturned pavement or surface which contributed to your injuries. You can file a claim with Accident Advice Helpline if the accident took place during the last three years. You must also have received some sort of medical treatment by staff on site or at a hospital for your injuries.

    If you think you are eligible to file a claim, call us on our free 24-hour helpline. Our advisors are available to offer advice and answer your personal injury claim questions and queries.

    Making a claim will not banish the painful memories of your accident, but it can put you in a place where you are finally able to move forward once again. Sharing the burden of compensation will also bring a sense of justice to the situation and help to ensure that improvements are made so that someone else does not suffer the same fate.

    Date Published: November 16, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.