How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Can I claim for an accident in a café?

    If you are suffering financially because of an injury sustained in a café that was not your fault then you may be asking yourself, “Can I claim for an accident in a café?” Call the personal injury specialists at Accident Advice Helpline to find out the answer.

    Why might I be able to claim?

    The law says that if you suffer financially because of an accident in a café that was caused by the negligence of the owner you are entitled to compensation. The owner has a responsibility to make their café as safe as possible for those that visit and work there. Common cafe accidents include trips, slips and burns. Often these can be avoided.

    While cafés can be busy places the owner should make sure that it is possible to move safely through the café. Routes should be kept clear and floors well maintained to avoid injuries caused by tripping.

    Spills of food and drinks are common in cafés. These should be cleaned up promptly to avoid slippery floors. If the floor remains wet appropriate warnings should be posted.

    Hot food and drink are another unavoidable hazard in cafés, but the risks of burns can be reduced by ensuring that staff do not carry too many hot items at once and that there is no risk of tripping or slipping while carrying hot food and drinks.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If the owner has not maintained good safety standard you may be able to claim for your accident in a café.

    What should I do?

    First, seek immediate medical advice. Medical records of your injuries are important evidence if you wish to make a personal injury claim. Record all the details of your accident and ask any witnesses to do the same. Find out if the café has also recorded any information about your accident.

    Keep receipts and records of any expenses and financial losses incurred as a result of your accident. These can include medical expenses and loss of earnings.

    When can I claim?

    The short answer is as soon as possible after your accident. However we understand that there can be delays. Perhaps an injury does not heal as quickly as you first hoped and you decide later to make a claim. If you have been seriously injured it is likely that your first instinct is to recover physically and emotionally from your injuries. As long as you start the claims process within three years you may be able to claim compensation.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have many years of experience of helping people like you claim the compensation they deserve. We aim to make the claims process as easy as possible. When you first contact us you will speak to one of our trained advisers who will be able to tell you if you are likely to be eligible for compensation. If you decide to proceed your details will be passed to one of our expert solicitors who specialise in your injury type.

    Our helpline is free to call and all of our solicitors work on a no win, no fee** basis. You have nothing to lose from picking up the phone and finding out the answer to “can I claim for an accident in a café?” today.

    Date Published: November 11, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident in a restaurant

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.