How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Call to clamp down on undertrained electricians

    By David Brown on March 7, 2014

    Call to clamp down on undertrained electricians

    MPs are calling for tougher restrictions to prevent barely-trained “electricians” rewiring homes and leaving householders in danger.

    It is currently sufficient for such work to be overseen by a registered “competent person” under Part P of the building regulations introduced in 2005.

    But a Commons committee believes anyone carrying out this kind of work should be required to hold certain qualifications and have significant on-the-job training to prevent incidents that can lead to serious accidents and personal injury claims.

    It received evidence of some workers who had done no more than take a “two-hour open book exam” before carrying out domestic electrical work, while others took internet-advertised “five-week wonder” courses.

    The politicians were even told people “stand as much chance of getting a competent person as asking a bloke down the pub to do the job” in some cases.

    Electric shock injuries

    If you have received an electric shock injury due to faulty equipment, a lack of training, or someone else’s negligence, then you may be entitled to personal injury compensation.

    Such injuries don’t always leave visible marks, but if you have external burns or scarring it’s worth getting pictures that can be used to demonstrate the extent of your suffering. This will help the credibility of a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline specialises in cases of injury due to negligence – helping you get the money you deserve.

    Five-year plan

    The Communities and Local Government Committee recommended that no one should be allowed to carry out work covered by Part P without an NVQ Level III or equivalent and “a significant period of supervised on-the-job training” by 2019.

    It also wants to see the introduction of a limit on the number of cases each “competent person” can be responsible for approving.

    Some were found to be signing off more than 3,400 notifications a year at present, raising serious questions about how much protection is on offer.

    Source: Parliament.UK

    Share On


    Date Published: March 7, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.