How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Burn injuries at work

    Burn injuries at work

    There many different ways of sustaining burn injuries at work. If you suffer such an injury, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of earnings and any distress or pain caused, especially if the accident that led to the injury was not your fault. Your employer has a legal obligation to protect you from harm as you perform your job, and also to provide you with the relevant protective equipment if it is required.

    Every company that has at least one employee must also have indemnity insurance that will pay compensation to employees in the event of an accident. This insurance must not have any clauses that mean that compensation will not be paid if found to be at fault. The insurance company can attempt, however, to reclaim their losses from the person or company that is found to be at fault.

    There are many potential burn injuries that may be sustained whilst you are at work, for which you will be able to claim compensation if your injury occurred because your employer has failed to provide you with suitable protection. Accident Advice Helpline are able to advise you on how to make a compensation claim under our no win no fee* policy.

    • Heat burns. If you work in a kitchen, heat burns are an inevitable part of your job. However, if you have insufficient protection or are badly burnt by an appliance or piece of equipment that should not have been hot, you may be able to claim compensation for the pain you have suffered and any loss of earnings resulting from your injury.
    • Chemical burns. There are specific regulations regarding working with chemicals and each chemical product will need to be stored and used safely. Instructions for storage and usage should be either displayed on the container or sent with the chemicals. If you suffer a chemical burn because the chemicals are incorrectly stored or you have not been given safety equipment to use, you may be able to claim compensation for any injury you sustain. This also applies to conditions that develop later on due to the inhalation of a dangerous chemical or absorption through your skin. Claims must be made within three years of the event; the only exception to this is for asbestosis.
    • Radiation burns. There are few jobs that expose employees to radiation from chemicals, but sunburn is also a radiation burn. If you work outside and suffer serious sunburn as the result of insufficient protection from the sun, you may be able to claim compensation for this. A specialist claims lawyer will be able to advise you.

    Your employer has a duty of care to make sure that you are safe at work and have the correct safety equipment, proper protection and procedures in place to keep you from harm. If you are injured at work due to a lack of care from your employer, you are legally entitled to compensation to make up for your suffering and for money and time lost.

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to get started on making your claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: October 11, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at work claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.