How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Broken ribs accident claim

    If you have suffered broken ribs in an accident, through no fault of your own, you may be able to make a claim for personal injury. When considering whether to make a broken ribs accident claim it is in your best interests to seek legal advice. At Accident Advice Helpline we have a highly skilled legal team that specialises in this area of the law.

    To qualify for a broken ribs accident claim you should have suffered your injury through someone else’s negligence or lack of duty of care. You should not have been responsible for the accident that left you injured. However, if there is any doubt concerning whether or not you were to blame it is still advisable to contact us, as our experts will be able to determine if you do have grounds for claiming compensation.

    There is a whole range of accidents that can result in you suffering broken ribs. They include road traffic accidents, accidents at work or mishaps in public places, such as trips and falls. No matter what type of injury you sustain it is essential that you follow a set process to ensure your claim proceeds as smoothly and quickly as possible.

    Even if liability is admitted by another party their insurance provider may still demand proof that their client was negligent. This puts the onus on you to gather as much information as possible. If you suffered your injury in a road traffic accident the police must be called. If you broke your ribs in an accident at work the incident must be recorded in the company’s accident book. In this case, the investigating police officer’s report or the accident book listing can be used as evidence to prove your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence.

    Other proof that you were the victim of an accident because of someone else’s negligence can be provided through witness statements from those who saw the incident and CCTV or roadside camera footage of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Other information that could affect the amount of compensation awarded if your broken ribs compensation claim is successful is your medical report. It is important that you see your doctor as soon as possible following the accident, even if you believe your injuries are not serious.

    Collectively, this evidence will aid our legal experts here at Accident Advice Helpline in determining whether you have grounds for making a broken ribs accident claim and if so, assist in representing you throughout the legal process.

    The information provided, including your medical report will be used by our staff here at Accident Advice Helpline to build your case for compensation. In a best-case scenario, liability will be admitted before the case goes to court, which will save a considerable time. However, if you feel the offer is lower than expected we are able to arrange representation for you in court.

    We will also represent your broken ribs accident claim on the basis that no upfront fees are required for us to instigate legal proceedings to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Whatever your personal financial situation, you therefore need not concern yourself about the cost of having us represent you.

    To discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: January 1, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Rib Injury Claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.