How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is broken nose treatment for a child?

    If your child has broken his or her nose in an accident, it can be a worrying time for parents. The good news is that most broken noses heal nicely at home with some self-care, but you should still take your child to have their broken nose assessed at hospital. Broken nose treatment for a child usually involves doctors prescribing pain medication or medication to prevent bacterial infection and reduce swelling, making it easier for your child to breathe. If blood has collected in the broken nose, it may need to be drained. If your child’s nose is crooked, closed reduction may be carried out under general or local anaesthesia, to put the nasal bones back into place.

    More severe fractures may require surgery. Many doctors will protect a child’s nose with a splint or packing after a reduction, which needs to be worn for seven to 10 days and cared for at home. Your child may not feel well enough to go to school or take part in other activities, and you may need to take time off work to stay at home and look after them.

    Will broken nose treatment for a child cost me money?

    If you are eligible for treatment under the NHS then broken nose treatment for a child will not normally cost you anything. If your child later needs to have reconstructive surgery on their nose, this could cost. This is something you may be able to claim personal injury compensation for, and you can also make a claim for travel costs to and from medical appointments, the cost of any prescription medication and any lost earnings you have suffered due to taking time off work to look after your child.

    If somebody else caused your child’s accident – for example if they were not being properly supervised at nursery and they fell from a climbing frame and broke their nose, or if they were injured in a car accident caused by a dangerous driver – then you’re entitled to make a personal injury claim within three years of their accident.

    How much compensation could my child get?

    The amount of compensation you could be entitled to depends on how severe a fracture your child has suffered and the impact their injuries have had on their life (and yours). For example if you have had to take several weeks off work to care for your child and take them to hospital appointments, you could be entitled to a substantial personal injury settlement. To find out how much you could claim, you can take the 30-second test on our website, then call us on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) to find out more about making a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.