How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Beware of drink drivers at Christmas

    Christmas is the time to be merry and jolly, cast your inhibitions aside and enjoy a little festive tipple! Unfortunately, that also means it is the time of year when most drink driving related incidents occur on the road. Just because you’re sensible and don’t drive after a glass of wine or a beer at your local pub, doesn’t mean that everyone else will do the same, and if you are unlucky enough to be involved in a road accident in your car or as a pedestrian, you could claim for compensation.

    Drink driving – more common than you might think

    Many of us have the image of drink driving involving someone who has consumed vast quantities of alcohol getting behind the wheel of a car, but just a few units could put you over the legal limit. A couple of small glasses of wine or a large bottle of cider could mean you’re legally unfit to drive, and if you’ve had a heavy night out for your office Christmas party, you could still be over the limit the following morning – not many people take this into consideration!

    Road accidents caused by drink driving

    You don’t have to be a driver to be involved in a road accident. You could be a cyclist, motorcyclist or pedestrian who is struck by someone else drink driving. Even if you are on the road in your car and you’re struck by another vehicle, and the driver is over the limit, you could claim for personal injury compensation. It’s important to document your accident, so try to take photographs of the scene and the vehicles, and take details of the other driver and any witnesses, as you may need to contact them when you make a claim.

    Personal injury compensation

    If you’re claiming for personal injury compensation after a road traffic accident, you’ll need to hire a specialist lawyer.

    Accident Advice Helpline are here for you – our freephone helpline is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, and we don’t charge you a penny upfront for our services, instead we offer a 100% no win, no fee service so you’ll only pay if your claim is successful. Because most personal injury claims can be processed in full over the phone, it’s unlikely you’ll need to attend court, so that’s another weight off your mind. We can offer you advice in confidence and with no obligation to proceed, and we can usually tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim for compensation, so give us a call today.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 22, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.