How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Why you shouldn’t drive if an engine warning light is on

    If you’’ve spent months counting down the days until you jet off on holiday, the last thing you want is to be involved in travel accidents. If you’’re planning to drive abroad, here are some tips to help you stay safe, including what to do if your engine warning light comes on.

    Why you should never drive a car if its engine warning light is on

    If your engine warning light comes on while you’’re driving around on holiday, try not to panic. It may be a simple problem, which can be remedied. The first thing you should do is to get the car checked out. Call the hire agency and arrange for the car to be picked up.

    The engine warning light is usually an indicator that everything is not quite running as smoothly as it should be. You should never drive with the engine warning light on, as this may increase your risk of being involved in a car crash abroad. 

    There are various issues, which may cause the engine warning light to come on. Your oil or brake fluid levels may be low. There may be an issue with the car battery, the drive belt or the DPF (diesel particulate filter). Sometimes, these problems can be very serious and they may increase the risk of holiday accidents and car crash injuries.

    Always seek assistance if the engine warning light comes on in a hire car.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Can I claim compensation for an accident abroad?

    If you’’ve been involved in an accident abroad, and you weren’’t at fault, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation.

    You can claim compensation provided that you have proof that you were not at fault and you sustained injuries as a result of somebody else’’s negligence. In most travel claim cases, people make a claim against a UK based tour operator.

    If you’’d like to find out more about claiming holiday accident compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline. Our friendly advisors will discuss the details of your travel claim with you. If you have a strong claim and you wish to go ahead, your case will be referred to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.

    We have more than 15 years of experience in handling a wide range of injury claims and our firm is endorsed by consumer rights champion, Dame Esther Rantzen.

    Call us now on 0800 689 0500, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.