How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Who is liable if you trip on a loose paving slab?

    Slips, trips and falls are the most common type of accident in the UK. Every year, thousands of people injure themselves at work or when out and about in public places. If you’’ve tripped on a loose paving slab, or you’’ve slipped on a wet floor, you may be thinking about pursuing a compensation claim.

    If you’’ve been injured in a public place, and you were not to blame. Accident Advice Helpline could help you to claim the public liability compensation payout you deserve.

    Who is liable if you trip on a loose paving slab and injure yourself?

    If you sustain injuries after a slip or trip involving a loose paving slab, you may be eligible for compensation. You can claim personal injury compensation if you were injured in a public place as a result of negligence on behalf of an individual or an organisation.

    If you stumbled on a loose paving slab in the garden of a restaurant, or a bar, for example, the bar or restaurant owner would be liable for the accident. If you tripped on a loose paving stone on a public pavement or a park, for example, the local authority may be forced to claim liability.

    You may be entitled to claim compensation if the problem has already been reported to the council and nothing has been done about it.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What to do following an accident in public

    If you’ve been involved in an accident in a public place, it’’s advisable to report the accident to the owner or supervisor of the shop or eatery, or the local authority. Details of all public place accidents should be recorded.

    At the time of the accident write down exactly what happened, and seek medical assistance for your injuries. If anybody else saw your accident, ask them to provide their contact details.

    Claiming compensation for a public place accident

    If you’’ve sustained injuries after tripping on a loose paving slab, contact Accident Advice Helpline.

    We have more than 15 years of experience in handling a broad spectrum of personal injury claims, including public place accident claims. We have an excellent reputation and our firm is endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen. The vast majority of our clients never have to go to court.

    If you’’d like to find out more about how we could help, call us now. Our lines are open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.