How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Where should you keep your cleaning chemicals?

    Slips, trips and falls are common household accidents. More often than not, they lead to minor injuries such as bruising or slight cuts. Yet, there are greater hazards around in the household, and knowing where to keep your cleaning chemicals can help minimise any risks in your home.

    Where to keep your cleaning chemicals

    Like many people, you may choose to keep your cleaning chemicals under your kitchen sink. This is a common cupboard of choice for cleaning chemicals, but is it a safe one?

    If you have children, it is especially important to know where to keep your cleaning chemicals. You simply cannot rely on any childproof lids on bottles to prevent harm coming to your child.

    With this in mind, it is best if you choose a cupboard out of reach of children. If you do want to keep your cleaning chemicals under the sink, you should fit a childproof bolt onto the door and ensure it is locked at all times.

    Mishaps with cleaning chemicals can be fatal for children.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation for accidents in the home

    If you have been involved in an accident at home, and you believe a third party, such as a manufacturer is to blame, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation for the harm you have suffered.

    When you buy a product in the UK, you do so in the belief that it will be safe to use, so long as you follow any guidance given with the product. In the case that a product is faulty, malfunctions, or is unfit for use, and as such causes you illness or injury, you could have a case to claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Whether you suffered a slip due to a boiler leak, a product-related accident, or something altogether a little more peculiar, Accident Advice Helpline can help you.

    We offer a free initial consultation for all victims of personal injury. During this initial consultation, we will discuss the basis of your claim. From there we can determine where liability is likely to lie, and if you have a claim that is worth pursuing.

    Getting in touch with us

    No matter if you suffered a fall at home or any other domestic accident, for more information on claiming personal injury compensation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today.

    Call us on freephone number 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.