How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    When should you decide to go to Accident and Emergency?

    There has always been speculation surrounding whether or not you should rush to Accident and Emergency following general accidents at work or slips, trips and falls.

    Continuous murmurs surrounding overrun staff and long waiting times have caused victims of personal injury to think twice before attending Accident and Emergency, but when is it right to make use of these services?

    When you should go to Accident and Emergency?

    Generally speaking, Accident and Emergency is to be used when you unsuspectedly suffer an injury or illness and you are unable to manage the symptoms at home.

    If your injury or illness requires urgent medical care, it is best to attend Accident and Emergency. However, if you are unsure of whether you should seek urgent medical care at Accident and Emergency, the NHS offers a 111 service.

    Via this helpline number you will be offered appropriate medical advice from a qualified professional, who will then advise you of the best course of action to take. This may be attending Accident and Emergency.

    Open Claim Calculator

    After all, while some slips and falls may cause cuts and grazes, others can lead to severe
    head injuries. It is important to apply a level of common sense to your judgement of the injury or illness.

    Accident and Emergency following a road traffic accident

    Following a road traffic accident, even if you and your passengers seem to be uninjured, if you have children under 18 in the car, you must always visit Accident and Emergency so that they can be checked over.

    Claiming compensation for personal injury and illness

    If you have been involved in an accident, be it a car collision or a fall in public, if you believe that a third party is to blame for the harm you have suffered, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we offer a free initial consultation for all victims of personal injury, so we are able to discuss the basics of your claim with you. This helps us determine where liability may lie and if you have a case that is likely to be successful if pursued.

    Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

    For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of Accident Advice Helpline’’s specialist advisors today via our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.