How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What injuries can you not fly with?

    According to FitForTravel.NHS and ThomasCookAirlines the answer to the question, ‘What injuries can you not fly with?’ includes a variety of recently sustained injuries.

    So what injuries can you not fly with?

    In essence, the question, ‘What injuries can you not fly with?’’ is answered with this list:

    • Eye injuries or eye surgery
    • Head injuries and brain surgery
    • Recent injuries or surgery where trapped gas or air may be present, like gastrointestinal surgery, abdominal trauma, ocular or craniofacial injuries, for example
    • Broken limbs, unless a full plaster cast has been set 24 hours before the flight in case of a broken arm, or 48 hours prior to flying in case of broken legs

    You should also not fly if you are suffering with decompression sickness.

    Hurt abroad

    Being unable to fly with this kind of personal injury may well mean you could get stuck abroad if you had an accident on holiday, like a slip, trip or fall or a diving accident causing decompression sickness, for instance.

    This, of course, could mean that in addition to your pain and suffering, you may also have additional expenses for medical treatments, food and accommodation during your unexpectedly prolonged stay.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Compensation for accidents abroad

    If someone else was responsible for your holiday accident, you may be entitled to make a claim for travel accident compensation. Such a claim could not only get you compensation for your pain and suffering, but may also recoup some of the expenses your accidental injury necessitated.

    If you cannot return to work for a while, you may also be able to claim for loss of earnings.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Our lawyers have in excess of 15 years’ worth of experience in handling claims following slips, trips and falls, boating, diving and other accidents abroad. This means they can quickly and efficiently establish who is liable for your travel accident, deal with most of the processes over the phone, and may probably even be able to negotiate a settlement out of court.

    Enlist our help

    You can enlist the help of our in-house solicitors by giving us a call via one of our confidential, no-obligation freephone helplines. The numbers for which are, for landline and mobile calls respectively, 0800 689 0500 and 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.