How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Visiting an area with a high rate of disease

    Generally, when we plan a holiday abroad, it is all too easy to become consumed with the good stuff, thinking about new experiences and adventures. Yet, if you are travelling to an area with a high rate of disease, it is important that you consider your health and safety as a priority.

    While travel accident compensation is available for those who have experienced illness or injury abroad through no fault of their own, it is essential that you take all necessary measures to prevent holiday-related ailments. This is especially true when visiting an area with a high rate of disease.

    What to do before visiting an area with a high rate of disease

    Wherever you are travelling, you should visit the NHS Fit for Travel website and look up the health and safety information for your specific destination. The website will provide details of areas with a high rate of disease, as well as other health risks.

    If you have booked your holiday through a UK travel agency, they should also be able to advise you if you are visiting an area with a high rate of disease.

    Depending on the disease in question, you will need to prepare accordingly before travel. For example, if you are visiting an area with a high-rate risk of malaria, you may need to take antimalarial tablets. You should also use insect repellents, keep your skin covered, and sleep under a mosquito net.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming compensation for holiday injuries and illnesses

    If you have suffered an injury or illness abroad through no fault of your own, and you believe a third party is to blame, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation for the harm and distress you have been made to endure.

    Travel illness and injury claims can be complex, which is why you need a specialist team behind you every step of the way. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’’ experience assisting victims of personal injury.

    Should we mutually decide to pursue your claim, you can recuperate at home with the peace of mind that all of our solicitors work on a 100 per cent no-win, no-fee* basis.

    Getting in touch with us

    For more information, and to receive a free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today. Call us on freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.