When it comes to accidents at work, you’re probably aware of the main dangers. At home, it’s a different story. We often assume that we’ll be perfectly safe at home, but things can go wrong. Sometimes, there’s a simple solution. In other cases, there are problems that you shouldn’t repair yourself. Here are five examples of scenarios when it’s best to call in the experts.
5 things around the house you shouldn’t repair yourself
There are some problems that even the most experienced amateurs can’t handle. Here are five things you shouldn’t repair yourself.
- Boiler problems: if you have an issue with your boiler, this is something you shouldn’t repair yourself. Boiler leaks can cause severe issues, including carbon monoxide poisoning. You should always call a trained, registered engineer if your boiler is on the blink.
- Electrical issues: electrical injuries can be incredibly serious and even fatal. If you have issues with electrical appliances, or your power keeps going off, you should call an electrician. Theres a high risk of injury when meddling with electrics if you’re not qualified.
- Plumbing issues: if you’ve sprung a leak, or you’ve got a blockage, this is an issue you shouldn’t repair yourself. If you do attempt your own repairs, you may cause even more damage.
- Damp: damp is a common problem, especially in older houses. If you’ve noticed wallpaper peeling off or you have patches of damp on the wall or ceiling, call in the experts.
- Roofing issues: if you notice missing tiles, you may be tempted to climb up a ladder
and have a look for yourself, but this is very dangerous. Call a local roofing firm and leave the job to the professionals.
If you’ve been injured at work and you weren’t at fault, you will usually have a good case for work accident compensation. If you’ve had an accident at home attempting something you shouldn’t repair yourself, you won’t be able to claim compensation.
If you have sustained work injuries and you would like to find out more about claiming work injury compensation, call Accident Advice Helpline now.
Our friendly advisors are waiting to take your call on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We have more than 15 years of experience in helping people to claim no-win, no-fee compensation and our firm is endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen.
Date Published: August 1, 2016
Author: Accident Advice