How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Treating severe food poisoning

    When on holiday, the last thing that you want to experience is holiday illness. Many people do suffer from an unsettled stomach during their time abroad, however, treating severe food poisoning is an entirely different story, especially when barriers can make seeking
    medical assistance particularly difficult.

    If you have been caught in the unfortunate position of treating severe food poisoning abroad, it is likely that you will want to consider claiming travel accident compensation on your return home. Yet, during your stint in the sun, it is important to know how to recover from the holiday illness; treating severe food poisoning can seem impossible if you aren’’t prepared.

    The lowdown: Treating severe food poisoning

    When treating severe food poisoning, rehydration is the key. When your body is suffering from food poisoning, it is likely that you will experience high temperatures, vomiting and diarrhoea. All of these symptoms cause you to lose fluid, and so you need to put this water back into the body to prevent dehydration, which can worsen symptoms and prolong the recovery period.

    Typically, you can recover from food poisoning in this way and eventually symptoms will pass and you will feel back to normal. Refrain from drinking fizzy drinks, eat bland foods when possible, and stay well rested and out of the sun.

    Yet if you are actually treating severe food poisoning, you may notice that your symptoms are persistent and extremely debilitating. If you do, you should seek urgent medical attention, wherever you are in the world.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claiming travel accident compensation

    When you suffer illness or injury abroad through no fault of your own, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation for the harm you have experienced.

    Generally speaking, the laws surrounding holiday-related compensation claims are quite complex, and as such, it’s always best to book your holiday through a reputable UK holiday company. When you do, all aspects of your break that you have booked through them are covered under UK law. This makes claiming the compensation you deserve much easier, should you experience an accident abroad.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    For more information, or to start your claims journey today, speak with one of our friendly advisors via our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience. What’’s more, there’’s never any pressure to pursue your claim at any point during or following your call.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.