Just like rowing on your own, rowing in multi-person boats exposes you to several potential risks. Here are some of the most common risks you may have to face.
Top 3 accidents when rowing in multi-person boats
The most common accidents when rowing in multi-person boats are:
- Injuries by slips, trips and falls
- Injuries by capsizing
- Injuries by collisions with other watercraft, banks or rocks
Causes of multi-person boat accidents
Injuries by tripping, slipping and falling when rowing in multi-person boats are often caused by people cluttering access paths to boats or unsafe stacking of equipment in boats.
Capsizing and boating accidents involving collisions are often caused by:
- Excessive waves and washes created by rowers falling out of rhythm, which in turn makes rowing conditions difficult and could cause the boat to drift into other craft’s path or banks and rocks
- Inexperienced rowers getting oars in a tangle
- People assigned to look out for potential hazards not paying attention
- Other boaters not paying attention, making mistakes or acting irresponsibly
- Another person was responsible for your rowing injury
- You suffered your rowing-related injury within the last 36 months
If these conditions apply to you, get free, no-obligation rowing accident claim advice from highly skilled, experienced Accident Advice Helpline advisors today.
What to expect
When you call our freephone helpline, we will ask you to provide us with some information on:
- When, how, where and why your rowing accident happened
- The type and extent of your accidental injury
- How your injury affected you physically, psychologically and financially
Keeping this information completely confidential, we will use these details to confirm your eligibility to make a claim for compensation and assess the likelihood of a claim being successful. Once we have done this, we will offer you the 100% no-win, no-fee* services of an in-house solicitor with years of experience in processing claims like yours.
You will, however, be under no obligation to accept this offer and pursue a claim through us at any point during or even after your call. If you do accept the offer, our solicitor will support you throughout every stage of the claim process.
Get more detailed information on when and how to claim and/or enlist our skilled solicitors’ assistance, call our freephone helpline from any UK landline or your mobile on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 respectively today.
Date Published: May 6, 2017
Author: Accident Advice