How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Tips when travelling on a motorbike abroad

    Thanks to hit TV shows, such as Sons of Anarchy, the popularity of travelling on a motorbike abroad has reached new heights once more. Yet, to minimise the risk of experiencing travel accidents, it is important to know what to do when travelling on a motorbike abroad.

    Legalities and road regulations can be different from country to country. Wise up before you burn that rubber.

    General advice when travelling on a motorbike abroad

    If you intend to go travelling on a motorbike abroad for more than 12 months, you must inform the DVLA that you are taking your bike out of the country for a prolonged period of time.

    Otherwise, you can, at present, ride your motorcycle abroad with your GB driving licence within the EU. If you are planning on travelling on a motorbike abroad outside of the EU, you can check over at to learn if you need an International Driving Permit.

    Things to remember before travelling on a motorbike abroad

    As well as covering your back in terms of driving licences and permits, you will need to know the rules of the road for the country you intend to go travelling in.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Road signs will be different, make sure you understand what they mean before you leave.
    • Cars may approach you faster than they do in the UK, thanks to the higher speed limits, which is important to bear in mind.
    • Check the AA website for specific riding rules for each country you intend to travel within, some have very specific requests, for example, in France you must carry a breathalyser.
    • Make sure your motorbike has a GB sticker clearly showing, especially if your registration plate doesn’’t have the GB symbol.
    • Ride with caution and plan your route before you leave.

    Claiming compensation for travel accidents

    If you have been involved in a road accident abroad through no fault of your own, you may be able to claim travel accident compensation for the harm and distress you have been made to endure.

    Of course, travel accident claims can be complex, which is why you will need Accident Advice Helpline’’s team of experts on hand.

    For more information, and to receive a free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today. Call us on freephone helpline number 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.