How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Sustaining an injury after unauthorised use of a power tool

    Accidents at work vary in type and severity. From simple slips, trips and falls on wet flooring to falls from heights in construction and severe injuries from industrial machines or motors.

    Minimising the risk of accidents at work

    To minimise the risk of accidents at work, it is important that all employees undergo a comprehensive induction and participate in training courses relevant to all daily tasks in hand. This means that you should avoid unauthorised use of a power tool at all times.

    If you have not completed training, or your role does not normally require you to use a piece of equipment, you may not be authorised to use it.

    In these situations, you are usually liable for the harm you have suffered, but every work-related accident case is unique, and so it may be worth speaking with a law firm, such as Accident Advice Helpline, to determine whether or not you have a genuine claim worth pursuing.

    Duty of care

    During your time at work, your employer has a legal duty of care to ensure your health and safety and minimise the risk of occupational illness or injury.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In the case that you become injured due to inadequate training, poor workplace maintenance or overexertion, for example, it is likely that your employer will have failed to meet the legal obligation expected of them, and therefore, can be held liable for your accident at work.

    Following an accident or incident at work, it is important that you report the situation to your employer so that they are aware of the harm you have suffered, as well as any concerns you have because of your illness or injuries.

    Claiming for a work-related illness or injury

    If you have sustained an occupational illness or injury, through no fault of your own, you may want to claim personal injury compensation for the harm, distress and loss of earnings that you have endured.

    Claiming for work-related ailments can be a complex and time-consuming process, and it is advisable to seek the assistance of a law firm that specialises in personal injury cases. Established in 2000, Accident Advice Helpline now has years of experience helping victims of occupational ailments retrieve the compensation they are entitled to.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 for a free initial consultation regarding the basics of your work-related accident and to determine the eligibility of your claim

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.