Known for its magnificent valley, Yosemite National Park is also home to breathtaking glaciers and the outstanding mountains that make up the high sierra. If you are looking for a destination with a difference for your next escape abroad, a visit to Yosemite National Park most definitely fits the bill.
When making the most of what the natural world has to offer, it is important to ensure you are fully covered before you travel. Not only will this be of benefit to you should you require medical attention while in America, but also in the case that you want to pursue a claim for travel accident compensation on your return.
There are two simple steps for getting the basics covered before your visit to Yosemite National Park:
- Purchase adequate travel insurance. Consider your date of travel, length of travel, travel party size and activities that you will be undertaking – this will generally tick all the boxes should you have an accident on holiday.
- Book your holiday with a UK travel company. Choose one you trust. Rather than piecing your holiday together yourself, booking with a UK travel agency guarantees that if you are injured on holiday, your accommodation, travel and activities booked through the agency are covered under UK law. This makes processing a claim for travel accident compensation far more straightforward.
Staying safe in Yosemite National Park
To minimise the risk to visitors and wildlife and reduce the number of holiday accidents, Yosemite National Park request the following:
- Animals are not fed, approached, hunted or collected
- Plants are not collected
- No items are taken from the park, including flora, fauna, land or items that could be regarded as artefacts
- Weapons are not used
- Full safety gear is worn by cyclists
- Alertness on the road is demonstrated by drivers and cyclists at all times
- Speed limits are adhered to
Hazards visitors should be aware of include white water, where the current may be stronger than it appears, and damaged trees that could potentially fall. Known as snags, these break sporadically; be aware of your surroundings at all times and do not picnic or rest near to wildlife or hazardous areas.Open Claim Calculator
The Yosemite National Park website also provides specific, comprehensive safety information for hikers and climbers who intend to use the area at their leisure.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you have sustained an injury on holiday through no fault of your own, go online today and complete Accident Advice Helpline’s ’30 second test’ to find out if you could be eligible for personal injury compensation. Alternatively, to discuss your claim with a member of their expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.