When you are booking the trip of a lifetime, sometimes it takes a little more than a visit to sandy European shores. Sometimes it’s about adventure, exploring a part of the world that will simply do nothing less than take your breath away.
Western America and Yellowstone National Park will definitely tick that box.
Staying safe when travelling to America
First things first, when planning your America getaway, be sure to book with a UK travel agency. This will ensure that you, and all members of the booking, are covered by UK law should you need to claim travel accident compensation following your holiday.
Of course, we are thinking about worst-case scenarios, but when you are faced with the opportunity to trek through mountains and face grizzly bears, it is best to embrace the experience safe in the knowledge that your escapades are covered.
Safety tips: Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park recommend the following to avoid you or your party suffering accidents on holiday:
- Stay clear of animals. It is a park regulation that visitors stay clear of animals – ‘at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves and at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all other large animals – bison, elk, bighorn sheep, deer, moose, and coyotes’.
- Keep all food in a bear-proof locker.
- Before setting up a picnic or resting, take a good look at the surrounding area for wildlife and falling trees, known as snags. Snags can fall with little notice, so be cautious of this hazard to avoid injuries on holiday.
- Cyclists must wear safety gear at all time. YellowstoneNational Park is mountainous with particularly thin, windy roads. During colder seasons, snow also presents difficulties and can cause holiday-related accidents.
- Avoid speeding and be vigilant on the road. Due to the park’s landscape, it is not always possible to see drivers and cyclists well in advance. Be aware of your surroundings and drive expecting the unexpected to avoid accidents on the road.
- Be aware that emergency services can be contacted on 911, and park services on 307-344-7381.
Injured on holiday in America?
If you have been injured while on holiday in America and you believe that you were in no way accountable for the incident, why not seek professional advice?
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with 13 years’ experience in dealing with holiday-related claims for victims of personal injury.
Working on a no win, no fee basis, relax at home and recover from your injury, safe in the knowledge that your personal injury claim is being managed by the experts.
To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.