There are many reasons why you would visit a timber yard. You might be there as a tradesman looking for some timber to use on a job, or you may be someone just there to buy some fuel for your living room fire at home.
Regardless of your reasons for visiting a timber yard, there are some health and safety aspects you should keep in mind to ensure you are not a victim of slips, trips and falls (or similar) that could lead a personal injury, leaving you unable to work and out of pocket financially.
How can I reduce the risk of personal injury from a slip, trip or fall at a timber yard?
- Always wear suitable footwear and clothing when visiting a timber yard. There is a chance there could be obstacles on the floor that may cause you to stub your toe and/or slip or trip over.
- Do not touch any timber that has been stacked in a tall pile; this should be done by an expert who will know the risks of the pile collapsing.
- When lifting heavy amounts of timber, ensure you keep a straight back and bend your knees. Failure to do this when lifting heavy goods can lead to a back injury.
How do claim for a personal injury suffered at a timber yard?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury as a result of an accident at a timber yard that wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim for a slip, trip, fall or another form of personal injury:
- Your accident occurred while you were visiting a timber yard.
- The accident happened in the last three years.
- The injury you suffered resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident happened through no fault of your own.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury suffered at a timber yard, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: September 30, 2013
Author: David Brown