How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Survivor Guide: Visiting Jamaica

    When you’re jetting off abroad on the holiday of your dreams, the last thing you want to think about is things going wrong. Ensuring your safety is all part of the planning. Ensuring you are insured and have booked your getaway with a reputable UK holiday company is paramount, should the unthinkable happen and you need to claim travel accident compensation.

    Entry requirements

    According to travel advice by the British Government, British residents do not need a visa to enter Jamaica. Typically, you are free to enter and enjoy the country for up to 90 days.

    Following the 90 day period, you will need to apply to the Jamaican Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency to extend your stay.

    You will also need a British passport with six months of validity remaining from your date of return to the UK.

    Health issues in Jamaica

    As with all faraway destinations there are a number of health risks to consider when planning a holiday to Jamaica. These include illnesses such as yellow fever. You will need to contact your GP, no less than eight weeks before you travel, to make arrangements for your vaccination.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To avoid holiday-related illness while you are away, it is advisable to avoid drinking their water, instead you should purchase bottled water for your refreshment.

    Travel accident compensation

    If you and/or your family incur injuries or suffer from illness while on holiday, at no fault of your own, you may want to claim travel accident compensation.

    When you book your holiday with a UK travel company, all elements of the holiday booked through that operator are protected under UK law, meaning that compensation claims remain a streamlined process.

    So long as the holiday took place in the last three years, you are able to prove fault and the consequence of the accident, it is likely that you have a valid case for compensation.

    Leave the legalities

    Rather than facing the legalities of a travel accident claim yourself, a law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline can work on a no win, no fee* basis to take the stress out of the process.

    Offering 13 years’ experience and an expert team, you can rest assured, following your holiday accident, that your case is in reliable hands. What’s more, there’s often no need for claimants to even attend court and most cases can be managed on the phone.

    To discuss your claim with a member of their expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.

    Date Published: January 9, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Uncategorised

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.