As awe-inspiring man-made structures go, the Great Wall of China takes some beating. A monumental feat of human endeavour and engineering, conquering this mammoth adventure will live long in the memory.
However, this herculean task can be sullied forever by the occurrence of a serious accident on holiday. Though help in claiming travel accident compensation is readily available, you want your trip to live long in the memory for all the right reasons.
What things should I consider to avoid suffering an accident on holiday when visiting the Great Wall of China?
– Ability and expertise: the Great Wall of China is far from a walk in the park. You will need to ensure you have a decent level of fitness before setting off and people with certain medical conditions, such as heart problems and diabetes should seek medical advice.
– Insurance: It’s important to have a safety net in case disaster does strike and you suffer injuries on holiday.
– Clothing: Sturdy, sensible walking shoes are an absolute must. Some areas of the wall pose considerable challenges, so now is not the time to scrimp and save on clothing. Climbing gloves may also be required at certain points. Storms may hit, even in summer, so a waterproof can prove to be invaluable. The more equipped you are, the less likely you are to suffer an accident on holiday.
– Food and drink: A substantial and hearty breakfast is the order of the day, while it’s also important to take plenty of water and sustenance to keep you going along the way.
– First aid: The last thing you want is to have your epic adventure curtailed by a minor accident abroad, so taking supplies to deal with small injuries can help keep you going. Blister plasters and insect bite cream can be particularly useful.
– Awareness: some parts of the wall have loose brickwork, both on the path and the sides. It’s therefore essential that you pay close attention to where you are going and test the security of any parts of the wall before posing for pictures.
Date Published: December 1, 2013
Author: David Brown