How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Survivor guide: Vatican City

    Rome is one of the most popular city-break destinations and no trip to the Italian capital is complete without a visit to Vatican City. If you’re planning a romantic getaway to Rome or you’re travelling for business, here are some tips to help you stay safe and avoid travel accidents.

    Staying safe in Vatican City

    Vatican City is one of Rome’s prime tourist spots and it’s wise to be aware of potential risks and hazards. And although most people enjoy their visit without any problems at all, it’s advisable to be street savvy, just as you would in any other major city. Here are some simple tips to help you avoid travel injuries and holiday accidents:

    • wear suitable footwear and take extra care in heavy rain, ice and snow to reduce your risk of slips, trips and falls
    • watch out for tourist scams, such as heavily discounted tours and designer merchandise; if somebody propositions you with a deal that sounds too good to be true, this is probably the case
    • leave passports and other valuables in your hotel safe
    • keep cameras and mobile phones stored safely and securely and try to avoid flashing them around
    • avoid carrying large sums of cash around with you
    • keep to well-lit streets
    • shelter your pin number when you take cash out
    • book trips and tours with approved providers and travel agencies

    What should I do if I’ve been injured abroad?

    If you’ve been injured abroad or you’ve been involved in an accident overseas, report the incident to the police and seek medical assistance for your injuries. If you have an EHIC card, you should be able to access medical treatment in Europe free of charge.

    In some cases, you may wish to claim on your travel insurance. If you’ve been injured in an accident which wasn’t your fault, you may also be thinking of making a travel accident compensation claim. Compensation may be awarded in cases where UK tour operators or agents, or the companies they represent, have displayed negligence and this has resulted in avoidable travel accidents.

    If you are interested in finding out more about making a holiday accident claim and you’ve been injured overseas in the last 3 years, call Accident Advice Helpline for more information; our phone lines are open 24 hours a day on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 9, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.