It’s coming up to that time of year – once Christmas has bit the dust, all the lads will be putting their heads together and planning some serious stag loveliness.
Unfortunately, it isn’t unheard of that some blokes get injured during a stag party. There are a few simple tips to bear in mind to avoid accidents while abroad, and to assist with your claim should you need to claim travel accident compensation on your return.
Tips for your Belfast stag do
- Book your hotel in advance and with a UK travel company.
- Book low budget hotels so that all members of the stag party can afford the accommodation and you are able to stay together – safety in numbers while you are away.
- Avoid unknown areas. If you do have an accident on holiday, it is better to be in a well known area where there are people and services able to assist.
- Keep your cash close and use safes. Don’t take out more than you need to and don’t flash your cash.
- As with your hotel, book flights with a UK travel company.
Alcohol and stags
In most cases, if you have consumed alcohol before any accident, it reduces your chances of a successful personal injury claim. This is because you were intoxicated when the incident occurred.
It is worth remembering this information if you do decide to partake in any adventurous activities such as paintballing or clay pigeon shooting, for example.
It is inevitable that there will be alcohol involved in a stag party, however, that doesn’t mean to say that you wouldn’t be covered for personal injury compensation if you experienced a slip, trip or fall during the day pre-bevvy.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you are still not sure of whether you are able to claim for the stag injury you sustained, simply nip on the net and look at Accident Advice Helpline’s compensation calculator.
Also known as the 30 second test, the compensation calculator assesses the basics of your claim and invites a member of their expert team to get in touch to let you know where you stand. Alternatively, to discuss your claim with a member of our expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now.
If you do decide to proceed, Accident Advice Helpline work on a no win, no fee* basis with claimants, to ensure they do not pay a penny unless their claim is successful.
With 13 years’ experience and a huge choice of over 200 specialist solicitors, Accident Advice Helpline get the job done with minimal disruption to you following your accident.
Date Published: February 10, 2014
Author: David Brown