Scrambling is becoming a popular pastime in the UK for countryside lovers and those who like to keep active and enjoy demanding exercise.
But if the right precautions aren’t taken then the risk of serious personal injury after slips, trips and falls can increase significantly.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering slip, trip or fall while scrambling in the UK?
- Always make sure that at least one member of your scrambling team is an experienced rock climber. Without someone who knows what they are doing, the risk of falling or suffering a severe slip or trip is very high.
- Always makes sure you are wearing suitable walking boots and waterproofs, and keep with you a rope, compass and map. Failure to be prepared when scrambling can lead to serious personal injury.
- Never venture anywhere that you know you may not be experienced enough to go scrambling. Terrain with steep or vertical drops should be avoided if neither you nor anyone else on your team is an experienced climber, and therefore no one cannot advise you on how to abseil or climb down/up.
How do I claim for personal injury suffered while scrambling in the UK?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury from a slip, trip or fall while scrambling in the UK, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisors are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim for a slip, trip, fall or other form of personal injury while scrambling:
- Your accident occurred while scrambling in the UK.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while scrambling in the UK resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The scrambling accident was due to no fault of your own.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to an injury suffered while scrambling, and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 2, 2013
Author: David Brown