Birmingham is one of the UK’s biggest cities and as a result has its level of danger from mugging or robbery. If you are going to drink on your night out in Birmingham then it is worth being extra careful, as being drunk or dealing with drunken people can increase the likelihood of injuries from trips, slips and falls.
If you suffer an injury as the result of an accident that is somebody else’s fault then you can claim for compensation and Accident Advice Helpline has ears of experience dealing with exactly these sort of trip, fall and slip claims.
Some tips to consider when drinking
- Eat before you go out to avoid drinking on an empty stomach, this way you will reduce the hangover effect and also slow down the time it takes to get drunk
- Drink plenty of water. Without pacing yourself and drinking water alongside the alcohol you will have a much worse hangover but you will also get more drunk more quickly
- Eat healthily with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Consider multivitamins to help you replace lost goodness as a hangover remedy
- Stay with your group to give safety in numbers
- To avoid attracting muggers, steer clear of dark routes or alleys
- Don’t leave your mobile phone on show or unattended to avoid having it stolen
- Consider a safety alarm to attract attention
- Pre-book taxis with a recommended firm or wait at a rank that is well signed
- Sit in the back of a taxi when alone
- Be aware of your beverage at all times to avoid spiking
If you do suffer an injury as the result of an accident, whether it is a trip, slip or fall or traffic accident on the road, Accident Advice Helpline has a 24-hour freephone number that you can call for advice on claiming compensation.
Our friendly and professional advisors will take down the details and offer you the best course of action with no obligation to proceed. If the accident happened in the last three years and was somebody else’s fault then it is likely you have a valid claim.
Most claims can be dealt with out of court entirely over the telephone although the length of time it takes to complete the claim can vary. Accident Advice Helpline’s legal team operate on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee* basis, so you can rest safe in the knowledge that you are at no financial risk.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for more information.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice