Nestled just off the coast of Brisbane and surrounded by turquoise waters, Moreton Island is a perennial favourite with Australians and tourists alike. A peaceful haven with no cars and endless panoramic views to enjoy, this is truly a paradise island, which offers you the chance to be as active or lazy as you wish. If you’re planning to try out the many activities, here are some simple steps to help reduce the risk of travel accidents and ensure you leave with amazing memories.
How to stay safe on Moreton Island
Moreton Island is one of the world’s largest sand islands and it offers all kinds of activities, from whale watching and swimming with dolphins, to sand-tobogganing, fishing, 4WD adventures, surfing and scuba diving. Although crime is virtually non-existent here, you will need to be cautious, especially when trying your hand at adrenalin-pumping activities. Here are some top tips to minimise the risk of holiday accidents and travel injuries:
- pay attention to warning signs and flags and always stay within designated safe swimming zones
- stay hydrated and always wear sun lotion
- keep your eye on the weather, as storms can develop very quickly and swimming may not be safe
- follow guidelines and pay attention to safety demonstrations provided by your activity leader, guide or instructor
- know your limits when swimming, snorkelling and surfing; don’t go out too far, as even the gentlest looking waters may harbour powerful currents
- drive carefully and safely when embarking on a 4WD adventure; keep to the tracks and take extra care around other vehicles to prevent road accidents abroad
What to do if you have an accident abroad
If you’ve been involved in an accident abroad and you were not at fault, you may be thinking about claiming travel accident compensation. If you would like to find out more about holiday accident compensation and discuss your claim with an experienced advisor, Accident Advice Helpline can help. We have more than a decade of experience in handling claims related to accidents overseas and we could secure the no win, no fee compensation payout you deserve with minimal hassle and stress.
If you are interested in making a personal injury claim, simply call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile or log onto the Internet and visit the website to take an incredibly quick and simple 30-second eligibility test.
Date Published: December 9, 2015
Author: David Brown