There may be times in the week when you oversleep and find you are late for work. Not only is this a major inconvenience to you and your employer, it can put your employment in jeopardy if it’s not the first time it has happened.
However, it is important that you remain safe and vigilant when trying to make up the time by rushing to wherever you work, ensuring that you don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger in the process. Being clumsy when you’re late for work can lead to slips, trips and falls, or even a road traffic accident if you drive to work.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering a slip, trip or fall or being involved in a road traffic accident when late for work?
- If you need to run for public transport, ensure that you wearing appropriate footwear to do so. Work shoes do not tend to have much grip and you are likely to slip over in wet or icy conditions when running in them. For women, do not run in high heels. They offer little or no support for your ankles.
- In the event of driving to work, it is vital that you stick to the highway laws and refrain from breaking the speed limit. Remember, there are other road users. Being late for work is a much preferred problem to ending up in hospital after being involved in a car crash.
How do I claim for personal injury suffered when late for work?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of being late for work, such as being involved in a car collision or suffering a nasty slip, trip or fall, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether or not you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100% no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a slip, trip or fall compensation claim:Open Claim Calculator
- The accident happened while you were late for work.
- The injury you suffered while you were late for work resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident, either by foot or on the road, was not your fault
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to an injury suffered while being late for work, and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.