Graduating is one of the proudest moments of a student’s life, and celebrating with friends and family is common for new graduates.
However, it is important that you still take care of yourself when celebrating your graduation, because a failure to remain sensible and in control of yourself could result in slips, trips and falls, potentially causing personal injury.
Steps you can take to avoid suffering serious personal injury during graduation celebrations
- Make sure that you know your limit when it comes to consuming alcohol. Failure to do so can lead to your falling seriously ill, losing consciousness and potentially causing an injury through a trip and/or fall.
- Be sure to stay clear of any open windows or exposed balconies when under the influence of alcohol during your graduation celebrations. Falling out of a window or over the edge of a balcony is becoming more and more common when it comes to people consuming large amounts of alcohol.
- Do not attempt to drive home after your graduation celebrations if you have been drinking alcohol. It is a criminal offence to drink and drive, and doing so seriously increases your risk of being involved in a road traffic accident.
How do I go about claiming for an injury caused by slip, trip or fall?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury, as a result of celebrating your graduation, that wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether or not you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100% no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim.
- Your accident occurred while celebrating your graduation.
- The accident happened in in the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while celebrating your graduation resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The accident happened through no fault of your own.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify to claim slip, trip or fall compensation, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 2, 2013
Author: David Brown