When driving in the West Midlands, roads are not especially dangerous compared to the rest of the UK but eight roads have been picked out as the most dangerous in Warwickshire.
It is important to stick to road traffic rules and avoid distractions to avoid road traffic accidents while driving. If you were injured in an accident on the road in the last three years which was somebody else’s fault then you can make a claim for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience dealing with exactly this sort of claim and you can call our Freephone number for help today.
- Queen Elizabeth Road in Camp Hill, Nuneaton: Between April 1st 2012 and March 31st 2015 five traffic accidents on this road resulted in serious injuries or people being killed.
- A429 Portabello crossroads in Shipston-on-Stour: During the same 3-year time period there were also five crashes at this junction.
- Others: Roanne Ringway, Nuneaton; Astley Lane, Astley; Windsor Street, Stratford; Lawford Road (junction with Addison Road), Rugby; Lawford Road (junction with Seabrook Avenue), Rugby; A446, Allen End, north Warks: all of the aforementioned had six collisions with death or serious injury resulting.
The totals for Warwickshire in this time frame show 805 collisions with fatalities or serious injury with total casualties reaching 892, of which 130 of the injuries were suffered by pedestrians. Particularly high was the ratio of children aged between 11 and 15.
Precautions to keep safe
Always be aware of the road around you by limiting distractions. Don’t use mobile phones, fiddle with the radio, eat or drink or try to address misbehaving children while driving.
- Keep to the speed limit and obey traffic rules at all times
- Plan your journey in advance.
- Don’t venture out in poor weather conditions
How to make a claim
Calling Accident Advice Helpline’s 24/7 Freephone number will put you through to a friendly advisor who can let you know the process of making a claim. If the accident was in the last three years and was somebody else’s fault then you are eligible for compensation and our legal team will work on a 100 per cent no-win no-fee** basis.
Most claimants never need to attend court with the whole process being dealt with over the telephone, although individual cases can vary in terms of how long they take to complete.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to start the claims process.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice