Dinner time in the kitchen can provide an array of dangers that have the potential to cause serious personal injury, such as scalding yourself with boiling hot water and cutting yourself with sharp objects.
Cooking dinner can also be a fun activity for the family, particularly if you have kids, but there are several health and safety procedures you must adhere to in order to reduce the risk of suffering slips, trips and falls in the kitchen, or suffering personal injury.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering personal injury at dinner time in the kitchen?
- Always keep an eye on saucepans and frying pans. Leaving them unattended for a period of time could result in overflowing, causing a fire in your home.
- If you spill something on the floor, make sure you clear it up immediately. Failure to do so could result in a slip or fall in the kitchen.
- Take care when using sharp objects, such as knives, and always work at your own pace. Cuts can happen when trying to work quickly with knives, so ensure you go at a pace you are comfortable with, and always watch where your fingers are.
- Be sure to use appropriate oven gloves when putting food in to a hot oven, and the same when removing trays and dishes.
How do I claim for personal injury suffered during dinner time in the kitchen?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer personal injury at dinner time in the kitchen, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful or not.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a compensation claim for a slip, trip, fall or another form of personal injury in the kitchen:
- Your accident occurred while cooking dinner in the kitchen.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while cooking dinner in the kitchen resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to an injury suffered at dinner time in the kitchen, and you should call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.
Date Published: October 2, 2013
Author: David Brown