How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Survivor guide: The dangers of unlicensed minicabs

    Minicabs are a convenient way to travel between destinations, whether you’re travelling alone, as a couple or in a group. You don’t have to wait for public transport, you enjoy more privacy, and, after some wine or beer, everyone in your group can be transported home safely and avoid a road accident.

    Plan your transportation beforehand

    When you’ve had a long day at a busy social event, it can be tempting to jump into any cab you find so you can get home and head straight to bed. However, beware of the dangers of using unlicensed minicabs, especially if you are on you own. For example, you should never take an unlicensed cab if you are a woman travelling alone.

    Choose black cabs

    Everyone is advised to take licensed black cabs, which are safe and insured, meaning you won’t need to make an untraced driver claim in the unlikely event of an accident. In London, black cab drivers have a good reputation because of their ability to memorise street names in the city, which enables them to transport passengers to their destination in the fastest possible time without putting them at risk of being injured in a road traffic accident.

    Check if a cab has a licence

    There numerous ways to check if a taxi driver or private hire vehicle is licensed before you head out. For London, you can check the Transport for London website and visit its ‘licence checker’ section. If you are planning on using a cab to transport you to an event, choose a licensed, reputable cab company and, if possible, get the same cab company to take you home.

    If you’re about to take a cab and you’re unsure if it’s licensed, check to see if there is a taxi licence number or a phone number printed on the side of the cab. If you do use an unlicensed cab, you will not be covered by insurance, which could put you at a serious disadvantage if you suffer a passenger injury and wish to make a road traffic accident claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How you can claim for a no-fault accident

    If you have experienced an injury that was not your fault, contact Accident Advice Helpline. Our friendly lawyers process claims for all kinds of accidents, whether it’s an untraced driver compensation claim, a car crash claim, or a work accident claim. Our 100 per cent no win no fee** policy means you won’t be out of pocket if your claim is unsuccessful.

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.