Crowd surfing is a popular act at rock concerts and gigs where fans, and even lead singers of bands/groups, are carried around above the crowd on their backs.
However, there are particular dangers involved in crowd surfing, especially if you have consumed a large amount of alcohol and the people carrying you are strangers. The risk of personal injury as a result of slips, trip and falls is significantly high for those who choose to crowd surf.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering a personal injury while crowd surfing?
- If possible, ensure that the people you crowd surf with are friends and know you well. It has been known for people to deliberately drop crowd surfers, which can cause serious injury if that person lands awkwardly.
- If you are going to crowd surf, try and do so when you have not consumed a large amount of alcohol. Crowd surging whilst drunk can increase disorientation and dizziness, potentially resulting in personal injury.
- Do not crowd surf for long periods of time. Doing so can cause tiredness to both you and the people underneath you, potentially resulting in awkward fall and personal injury.
How do I claim for personal injury caused by crowd surfing?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of crowd surfing, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether or not you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a slip, trip or fall compensation claim related to crowd surfing:Open Claim Calculator
- Your accident occurred while you were crowd surfing.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while crowd surfing resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The crowd surfing injury was not your fault.
If all of the above apply to you then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to an injury suffered while crowd surfing, and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.