Brooklyn Bridge is one of New York City’s major tourist attractions, and walking across it is now one of the most popular activities enjoyed by tourists visiting the city. Like any other major attraction around the world, the bridge does have a few ‘dos and don’ts’ visitors should be aware of in order to cross it safely and without the risk of accidental injuries.
- Do give yourself plenty of time (at least an hour each way) to allow for stops and a good look around
- Do use common sense and go either during the day or on an evening when plenty of other pedestrians are about
- Do wear comfortable shoes; high heels are likely to cause trip injuries by getting caught in the wooden planks of the bridge
- Do remember that the walk will cover 1.3 miles (almost 2.1 km)
- Do stay in allocated pedestrian lanes
- Do pay attention to other traffic, including bikes, which also have specific lanes
- Do not attempt to climb Brooklyn Bridge; a fall from height could result in potentially life changing or fatal personal injuries
- Do not walk the bridge during inclement weather conditions unless you are ready to face strong winds
- Do not expect to find water, food vendors or public bathrooms on the bridge; make sure you carry water to prevent dehydration, especially during hot weather
- Do not forget your camera; Brooklyn Bridge offers some fantastic photo opportunities and views over the Manhattan skyline
- Finally, do not assume that wearing the right footwear will protect you against slips, trips and falls. Watch your step and avoid slip, trip and fall hazards carefully.
Brooklyn Bridge mishaps
Should you have a trip, slip or fall; be hit by a vehicle or have any other accident on Brooklyn Bridge through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to make a public liability claim. When claiming for compensation, you will require the help of a skilled injury solicitor. Accident Advice Helpline lawyers are highly trained; backed by our firm’s years of experience in the injury claim sector and specialised in specific claim areas, like claims for slip and trip injury compensation; traffic or work accident claims, and so on.
Working under conditional fee agreements, we have the ability to settle claims efficiently and effectively, ensuring you get the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible and often without the necessity to attend court, although this cannot be guaranteed, as claim circumstances vary between cases.
Call us today on Freephone number, 0800 689 0500, for more information.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice