Famed for its trendy bar culture and high end shops, Beijing’s Bar Street is a tourist hot spot, which offers the perfect setting for a cosmopolitan cocktail after a long day of sightseeing. If you’re travelling to China and you plan to stop off in Beijing to sample the culture, shop until you drop and visit the countless attractions, here are some tips to reduce your risk of travel accidents and help you navigate your way through Bar Street with ease:
Tips for visiting Bar Street
A hub of activity before and after sunset, Bar Street is a popular place for locals and travellers to gather for a casual drink or a night on the tiles. Home to more than one hundred bars in addition to cafés, restaurants and shops, visitors will be spoiled for choice. If you’re planning a trip to Beijing’s Bar Street, here are some tips to help you survive your visit without any holiday accidents or travel injuries:
- avoid carrying large sums on cash on you and leave valuables in your hotel room
- keep to well-lit areas and avoid walking alone at night
- drink in moderation to reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls
- watch out for spillages in bars and clubs and report any slip or trip hazards to members of staff
- do some research before you go and plan your trip; read reviews and feedback from other travellers to ensure you choose the best spots
- ensure all food you eat is cooked through to reduce your risk of suffering from food poisoning abroad
Can I claim compensation for an accident in Beijing?
If you’ve been injured abroad and you were not at fault, you may have a case for travel accident compensation. Holiday accident compensation is awarded to travellers who were injured overseas as a result of negligence on behalf of an individual, organisation or firm and it can help to cover the cost of unexpected travel costs, medical fees or lost earnings.
If you suffered illness abroad or you’ve been involved in a holiday accident, which wasn’t your fault, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 for advice about making a personal injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline employs an expert team of personal injury lawyers, which operates on a no win, no fee* basis. The majority of our clients can claim without going to court and the claims process is hassle-free and straightforward.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice