How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do after suffering an accident in a school environment

    Experiencing an accident in a school environment can be painful and even embarrassing, especially if surrounded by children when the slip, trip or fall or other accident occurs.

    What should I do if I sustain an accident in a school environment?

    Whether you are a student, teacher or member of public the first thing you should do is report it to the first aider at the school. The school has a duty to record all accidents including any that involve slips, trips and falls that occur on the premises.

    If you require any medical attention the first aider can also look at your injuries and assess whether they can deal with it or whether you need to seek further medical advice.

    How about if the slip, trip or fall was not my fault?

    If you feel that you would want or need to make a slip, trip or fall claim against the school it may be worth gathering any evidence you can at the time including any witnesses that saw you slip or trip.

    You may also want to photograph the injury and possibly the issue that caused the slip, trip or fall. Do not worry if you are not able to do this you can photograph any injuries at home later and the report from the first aider will help your slip, trip and fall accident claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    So, if you have had a slip, trip or fall accident within the last 3 years in a school environment or anywhere else that wasn’t your fault you may be able to make a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in accident claims such as those from a slip, trip or fall. We will make the claims process as simple and stress free as possible and you may even be able to settle your claim without stepping foot in a court room.

    Speak to Accident Advice Helpline on our 24-hour Freephone number 0800 689 0500, or take the simple 30-second compensation calculator test online to see how much your potential slip, trip or fall compensation claim could be worth.

    Date Published: February 27, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.