Cardiff is one of the safer cities in the United Kingdom but after a few drinks things can get a little out of hand anywhere so it is worth watching out and being prepared in advance.
If you suffer an injury as the result of an accident on a night out in Cardiff, that you believe is somebody else’s fault, then you may be able to claim for compensation. Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience dealing with exactly these sort of claims.
Staying safe on a night out in Cardiff
Accidents happen to the best of us, no matter how carefully we prepare for a night on the tiles. But to minimise the risk of experiencing an accident on your night out in Cardiff, there are a few safety precautions you can take. After all, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Eat before going out; drinking on an empty stomach is likely to increase the chances of getting drunk and your hangover will be worse in the morning.
- When drunk, or dealing with drunk people there is a danger of slips, trips and falls, so be extra cautious
- Stay with your group as there is always safety in numbers.
- Stay out of dark alleyways or under-lit routes as these are more likely to attract muggers.
- Don’t leave mobile phones on tablets or unattended at any time.
- Take a personal safety alarm which will attract attention
- Taxis should always be pre-booked with a well-known firm or taken from a recognised taxi rank
- When alone in a taxi, sit in the back to avoid unwanted advances.
- Watch for spiked drinks – be aware of your beverage at all times.
There is a Student Safety Bus provided by the Students Union and South Wales Police and part of the initiative involves wristbands that give tips on responsible drinking. The bus takes vulnerable students home by identifying those who have had too much to drink and may be susceptible to robbery. The wristbands are given to those who may not remember their journey home.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you suffer an injury as the result of a fall, trip or slip then call Accident Advice Helpline. Our Freephone number is manned by friendly and professional experts who will be able to assist you in seeing if you have a valid claim for compensation. With years of experience dealing with compensation claims, our legal team offers a no-win no-fee** approach and trips, falls and slips are one of our specialities.
It is important the injury was in the last three years and was somebody else’s fault, so if this is the case then get in touch today to start your claim, via Freephone number, 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: July 22, 2015
Author: Accident Advice