When you leave home each morning, the last thing you want to think about is an accident at work and this is why health and safety guidelines are so important in the workplace. Unfortunately, thousands of people are injured at work each year in the UK. If you’ve had an accident at work and you were not to blame, you may be able to claim compensation.
Preventing work accidents: the Six Pack
Many people may think about a refreshing beer or rock-solid abs when they hear the words six pack; however, in the world of health and safety, the Six Pack refers to a set of guidelines, which was introduced in 1992 to prevent workplace accidents and injuries. The Six Pack is a comprehensive guide, which informs employers about their responsibilities and promotes safe and healthy workplaces.
How can employers reduce the risk of work injuries?
In accordance with the Six Pack, employers have the following responsibilities with a view to reducing the number of people injured at work in the UK:
- To perform regular risk assessments.
- To detect and address specific risks to pregnant women and new mothers and young employees who lack experience.
- To make effective health and safety plans for the future and perform regular reviews.
- To appoint members of staff to implement and promote health and safety in the workplace and work with other employers to ensure the safety of all employees in situations where premises are shared.
- To devise and implement means of coping with dangerous or hazardous situations.
- To provide training for employees.
What can I do if I’ve been injured at work?
If you have suffered a work injury and you can prove that you were not to blame, call Accident Advice Helpline, a law firm with over 15 years of experience in handling personal injury claims professionally and efficiently. If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you should be able to claim work accident compensation, which could be used to ease financial pressures or cover lost earnings if you have taken time off or been forced to give up your job.
Accident Advice Helpline employs lawyers with experience in a wide range of claims and ensures consumers are able to make a work injury claim without any stress or anxiety.