How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Should you be taught ergonomic practices when you start working?

    Accidents at work aren’’t limited to machinery-related loss of limbs and other severe occupational ailments. In fact, many workplace injuries are a result of poor ergonomic practices, causing upper and lower limb disorders, or repetitive strain injuries.

    The question is, however, who is responsible for ensuring correct ergonomic practices? Should the employer provide training on correct ergonomic practices, or is it the responsibility of the employee to adopt these ergonomic practices of their own accord?

    Who is responsible for correct ergonomic practices?

    All employers have a legal responsibility to ensure their employees’’ health and safety during their time at work.

    With this in mind, in line with this duty of care, employers should undertake workplace assessments for all employees and make reasonable work space adjustments to ensure the optimum working condition for each individual.

    This may mean making alterations to chair and desk height, desk positioning, monitor levels and providing foot stools, for example. Employees should be reminded of how to adopt correct ergonomic practices at work and encouraged to do so when appropriate.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In respect of work-related injuries caused by lifting and other role-specific duties, employers should provide adequate training to ensure correct ergonomic practices are employed to minimise the risk of accidents at work.

    Can you claim for accidents at work?

    If you have suffered a work-related illness or injury through no fault of your own, and you believe your employer is to blame, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation for the harm and distress you have suffered.

    In most cases, the accident in question, or your diagnosis of your work-related ailment, must have occurred within the last three years. You must also be able to provide details of your employer and evidence to suggest both liability and documentation in support of your stated illness or injury.

    How do you start the claims process?

    For more information on the claims process, and to receive a free initial consultation, speak with a member of our specialist team at Accident Advice Helpline.

    We work on a 100 per cent no-win, no-fee* basis, meaning that victims of work-related personal injury are not at financial risk, even if a claim is unsuccessful.

    Speak with one of our friendly advisors today, via our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.