How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Should every workplace have an employee who knows first aid?

    Every workplace harbours potential risks and this is why UK employers take steps to reduce the risk of accidents at work. As an employer, you must have arrangements in place to ensure that relevant first aid treatment can be provided for injured employees.

    First aid in the workplace

    First aid is urgent medical treatment, which is administered when somebody falls ill suddenly or sustains an injury as a result of an accident.

    All employers in the UK should ensure that they have the relevant first aid measures in place to guarantee that injured employees receive immediate attention.

    You should have a first aid kit in your workplace. This should include:

    • Dressings and bandages
    • Plasters
    • Safety pins
    • Tweezers
    • Scissors
    • Sticky tape
    • Antihistamines
    • Eye dressings
    • Antiseptic cream
    • Painkillers
    • Spray for insect bites and stings

    Every workplace should have a designated first aider. First aiders should have training provided by an approved trainer, such as St John’s Ambulance. The first aider should be contacted if there is an accident at work.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It is a good idea for employees to notify the nominated first aider is of any allergies and underlying health conditions. If you take medication for severe allergies or conditions such as asthma, make sure the first aider is aware of where you keep it and how it is used. If you do experience symptoms of an asthma attack, for example, it’’s important to ensure that somebody else can access your medication as quickly as possible.

    What should I do if I have an accident at work?

    If you sustain work-related injuries, or you are involved in a work accident, it’’s important to seek medical advice and get your injuries checked over by a professional. Once you’’ve done this, you should report the accident to your employer. All UK employers are required to keep a record of incidents.

    If you’’ve been injured at work and you weren’’t at fault for your injuries, you have the option of claiming work accident compensation. This form of compensation is awarded when employees sustain injuries as a result of their employer’’s negligence. Examples of accidents which may result in a successful personal injury claim include slipping on a wet floor which wasn’t marked with warning signs.

    If you would like to pursue a no-win, no-fee* compensation claim, Accident Advice Helpline can help. Call now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: April 29, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice


    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.