How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Sensible accident prevention in the kitchen advice

    When you think about it, kitchens can be hazardous places. Sharp knives and other objects, electrical devices like blenders, hot water, hot pots and pan – any of these things have the potential to cause a serious accident at any time. Yet a kitchen doesn’t have to be a dangerous place to work provided that accident prevention in the kitchen is taken seriously by those in charge. Putting in place rules and regulations to keep staff safe at work is the job of employers, and if you’ve been injured and feel that your employer could have done more to keep you safe whilst working in a commercial kitchen, Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a claim for compensation.

    What steps can employers take when it comes to accident prevention in the kitchen?

    Employers have a duty of care towards their members of staff and they must ensure that they take steps to keep you safe at work. When it comes to accident prevention in the kitchen, this can include things like:

    • Checking equipment and machinery to make sure it is functioning and well maintained
    • Having electrical equipment (such as kettles and blenders) PAT tested
    • Putting in place rules and regulations about moving around a kitchen to prevent collisions between staff members
    • Ensuring spillages are cleaned up quickly to prevent slips and falls
    • Ensuring staff get the training they need to work safely without the risk of injury
    • Employing competent members of staff

    If you have been injured in a kitchen accident, you may have sustained minor injuries, for example you might have slipped on food spilt on the floor and sprained your ankle. Or you may have sustained a more serious injury – for example you may have suffered a hand injury caused by a faulty blender or suffered burns to your hand caused by hot pots or dishes. If you think that your employer was to blame for your accident, we can help you make a claim even if you have suffered minor injuries.

    Who pays my compensation?

    Many employees are worried about making a personal injury claim as they are concerned their employer will be left out of pocket if their claim is successful. Your employer will have liability insurance in place, designed to pay out in the event of a personal injury claim by an employee, so there is no need to worry about this. To find out if you’re eligible to make a claim, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, today.

    Date Published: May 7, 2017

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.