How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Seeking damages for flooding in public areas

    Are you seeking damages for flooding in public areas? You may have let family and friends know, and they may not realise that despite this being partly down to natural occurrences, there are times when a third party is to blame and you are right in seeking damages for flooding.

    While floods in public areas can cause accidents such as slips, trips and falls, they can also cause substantial damage to properties.

    Seeking damages for flooding in public areas

    If you are seeking damages for flooding due to overflowing drains or sewers in public areas, you must first and foremost know where you stand regarding where liability lies.

    Typically, you are responsible for the drains inside the boundaries of your property, and you must keep these in a well-maintained order. This means that if a flood occurs due to issues with one of your drains, it is unlikely that you will be successful in seeking damages for flooding.

    That being said, sewerage companies are responsible for public lateral drains, outside of your property, and all sewers. Therefore, if a flood occurs due to issues with a drain outside of the boundaries of your property, and this causes damage or injury, you may be well within your rights in seeking damages for flooding.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Of course, seeking damages for flooding isn’t a straightforward process, which is why it is best to have a legal team on board to assist you with your claims journey.

    Whether you experienced a slip due to floodwater, tripped over debris, or you have sustained a flood-related illness, Accident Advice Helpline can help you.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we offer a free initial consultation for all victims of personal injury. During this initial consultation, we will uncover the basis of your case. This will help us determine both where liability may lie, and your eligibility to claim.

    Should we decide to proceed with your case, you can recuperate and recover your home, safe in the knowledge that we operate on a 100 per cent no-win, no-fee* basis.

    Getting in touch with us

    For more information, and to receive your free initial consultation, speak with one of our friendly advisors today. Our freephone helplines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

    Call us at a time convenient to you on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.