The safest ways to travel around London depend on your circumstances. When travelling around London many factors change quickly and need to be monitored.
The safest ways to travel around London
Whether you travel by bus, tube or taxi, in your own car or on your bicycle, accidents can happen anywhere. When travelling at night, however, the safest ways to travel around London are:
- Travelling in groups
- Avoiding poorly lit areas
- Using only pre-ordered cabs, as opposed to taxis picking you up off the street
You can find some very helpful advice on the safest ways to travel around London at safe.met.police.uk.
As mentioned above, accidents while travelling around London can happen just about anywhere. You could have a slip, trip or fall in a tube or train station, for instance. Driving or cycling around London also exposes you to the risk of getting injured in a car or cycling accident.
No fault accidents
If you are injured by a trip or slip, cycling or motoring accident, you could qualify for a personal injury claim if:
- Someone else was responsible for your accidental injury
- You suffered your injury within the last 36 months
In other words, if you had a slip and fall in a train station because staff did not clear up a spill, the authority responsible for the station could be held liable for your injury. In a similar manner, a driver causing a road traffic accident could be liable for the injuries you sustained during this accident.
Accident Advice Helpline
We have a team of highly trained, helpful and sympathetic advisors who can help you:
- Confirm that you are eligible to claim
- Establish who is liable for your injury
- Assess your chances of a claim being successful
Our advisors can also offer you the assistance of an experienced in-house solicitor.
Why you should accept our offer
While you are under no obligation to take the advisor up on this offer, we highly recommend doing so, because:
- Claiming may help you with the financial implications of your injury
- Claiming may prevent injuries to others by causing those responsible for your accident to be more careful and vigilant in the future
- Our legal team has over 15 years’ experience in handling personal injury claims and an impressive success record
Able to conduct most claims over the phone, our in-house solicitors have all the skills, know-how and experience to get you the compensation due to you quickly and efficiently. Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (from a UK landline or mobile respectively) now to learn more.
Date Published: March 14, 2017
Author: Accident Advice