How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What are the rules for cycling within parks?

    Rules for cycling within parks can vary from one park to the next. Some parks, for example, do not permit cycling at all. Others set aside specific cycling tracks, while others permit cycling on paths shared with other park users. Whatever the specific rules may be, there are some basic rules that apply everywhere.

    Basic rules for cycling within parks

    In essence, these basic rules require people cycling within parks to:

    • Behave in a responsible manner that does not endanger other park users, for example, cycling at reasonable speeds, avoiding collisions with pedestrians, only cycling within parks or areas of parks where it is permitted to do so
    • Not cycling while under the influence of alcohol

    These rules are there to prevent cycling accidents, so it is imperative that they are adhered to.

    Park rules in general

    Most areas have rules for use of park facilities not just for cyclists, but for all users. The reason for this is that the authorities or organisations responsible for such parks and the facilities provided therein have a legal duty of care towards visitors.

    This means they must do everything within their power to prevent park accidents including cycling-related accidents, slips, trips and fallsinjuries by playground equipment, and so on.

    Open Claim Calculator

    When park visits go bad

    If you had the misfortune to be injured in a park through no fault of your own, be it by a slip, trip or fall, an accident involving a cyclist or an injury by defective playground equipment, you could be eligible to claim compensation.

    When to claim

    Claims for compensation following trips, slips or falls or any other kind of accident in the park must be brought into action within three years of the date the personal injury was sustained. In cases where children were injured in the park, claims must be initiated within three years of the child’s 18th birthday at the latest.

    How to claim

    You can get your claim started by contacting us, Accident Advice Helpline, via our website. Simply complete the 30-second test and we will contact you, or call us on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, or 0800 689 0500 from a landline. After confirming that you are eligible to claim, we will provide you with the services of an in-house solicitor specialising in your type of personal injury claim. This solicitor will then support you all the way to the successful conclusion of your public liability claim process on a no-win, no-fee basis.

    Date Published: August 1, 2016

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.