How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Should I remove asbestos without PPE?

    According to the Health and Safety Executive, PPE (personal protective equipment) should be provided for all those dealing with asbestos. If you’ve been involved in an accident at work or you’ve developed a work-related illness and you believe that somebody else, such as a manager or supervisor, has displayed negligence, you could have a claim for work accident compensation.

    PPE and asbestos removal

    Asbestos removal should only be carried out by people who have the relevant training and experience and PPE should be provided as standard in line with health and safety regulations. Examples of PPE that should be utilised by those who remove asbestos include:

    • overalls
    • respiratory protective equipment, including masks
    • gloves
    • sturdy boots

    Overalls, disposable gloves and masks should never be taken home following a shift; they should be disposed of according to safety guidelines, which should be enforced by all company directors.

    What should I do if I’ve been asked to remove asbestos without PPE?

    It is not safe to work with or remove asbestos without the relevant PPE and nobody should be put in a situation where they put their health at risk in order to do their day-to-day job. If you feel your shift supervisor or a colleague are displaying negligence and endangering the health and safety of workers, report the incident to the highest authority at the firm and ask colleagues to write down statements outlining the situation. If you are unhappy with the response from your employer, contact the Health and Safety Executive for further information and advice.

    Claiming compensation for a work accident

    If you wish to make a work accident claim, gather as much information as possible to support your case; note down details of your working conditions and record incidents, such as an employer asking you to work without the appropriate PPE, ask colleagues to provide supporting statements and take photographs. If you start to feel unwell, seek medical assistance; your medical records can be used as a means of demonstrating how your job has impacted your health.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have sustained a work-related injury or you have become ill as a result of a work accident or poor working conditions, contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, to talk through your work injury claim with a professional personal injury lawyer. Accident Advice Helpline has years of experience in handling work illness claims and offers a simple and stress-free claims process.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: SM Content

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.