How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How do public bodies monitor foodborne diseases?

    Every year in the UK around 500,000 people are affected by food poisoning. If you’ve contracted food poisoning after a meal in a restaurant or any other public place or you’ve had a slip, trip or fall, you may be thinking about claiming compensation.

    Who is responsible for monitoring foodborne diseases in the UK and how is this done?

    The Food Standards Agency is a government body which is responsible for enforcing and regulating food hygiene and safety in the UK. The FSA sets out guidelines and measures, which public eateries, manufacturers and growers and food preparation factories must comply with in order to protect the public and ensure they receive high quality food products. The aim of these measures is to reduce the risk of illness and infectious foodborne diseases.

    The FSA carries out research into foodborne diseases and researchers monitor trends to determine threats and address areas of concern. Researchers gather evidence in the form of samples from people affected by foodborne diseases to identify trends and this information is used to find effective treatments and ways to reduce the risk of a spread of illness.

    What symptoms are caused by foodborne diseases?

    Symptoms may vary according to the nature of the illness, but most people who contract food poisoning suffer from symptoms including diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, dehydration, shivers, sweating and nausea.

    Often, food poisoning is mild and subsides without the need for medical treatment; however, in severe cases, it can have serious and long-lasting effects and it can even be fatal.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What can I do if I’ve developed food poisoning after a meal out?

    If you’ve eaten in a public place and you’ve developed symptoms of food poisoning, you may be entitled to claim public liability compensation if you can prove that your illness was a result of negligence or poor hygiene measures. Accident Advice Helpline has expertise in handling travel accident compensation claims for incidents abroad, as well as public place accident compensation and public liability claims.

    If you have the relevant evidence to support your claim, call Accident Advice Helpline and let the professional personal injury lawyers remove all the stress and hassle from the claims process for you. Most clients never have to attend court proceedings and most consultations take place over the telephone. The firm is endorsed by TV personality and relentless consumer rights campaigner, Esther Rantzen and it has been offering a highly effective and reliable service since 2000.

    Date Published: September 30, 2014

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.