How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Is it possible to make a claim whilst I am still overseas?

    If you were injured while working or travelling overseas and you feel you are not to blame, you should speak with an Accident Advice Helpline specialist to determine if you have a case eligible for travel accident compensation.

    Claiming while working abroad

    When you are working abroad, it may be that you need to claim for your work-related accident while you are still oversees.

    So long as you can prove liability for your accident abroad and provide the law firm with any relevant documentation and proof of identity, you will be able to initiate your claim while overseas.

    Accidents overseas

    With regards to holiday-related accidents and injuries, it is recommended that you:

    • Seek medical attention regarding sustained injuries
    • Collate any evidence including photographs of the scene or issue that caused your accident
    • Obtain details of witnesses
    • Report your holiday accident or injuries to the travel company and your holiday rep
    • Provide your insurer with details surrounding the incident

    Upon your return to the UK, seek advice as soon as possible from Accident Advice Helpline who will assist you in pursuing your claim against the travel company.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Issues surrounding travel-related claims

    In the case of travel-related claims, you will only be able to claim personal injury compensation if you can prove liability lies at the hands of either your employer or the travel company.

    When you book a holiday, you trust that the travel company can guarantee your hotel’s health and safety standards meet a good standard.

    With this in mind, if your holiday accident or illness is caused by the hotel – from inadequate maintenance to food poisoning – you will be able to put it a negligence claim against the travel company.

    In some instances, claiming travel accident compensation can present some stubborn issues.  When you are injured outside your hotel complex, for example, it is unlikely that you will be able to claim for your travel-related accident.

    Those who have created their own holiday, rather than a package holiday, will find it more difficult to claim. Proceedings can be costly, time consuming and very complicated, depending on the laws in the country you visited and any communication issues.

    Help and advice

    Call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500, for a free initial discussion regarding the details of your individual case.

    Date Published: July 22, 2015

    Author: Accident Advice

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.